- William M. Hodges is Chairman, CEO, and Co-Founder of Hodges Ward Elliott. Bill has been involved in all phases of the firm’s development since its founding in 1975. Hodges Ward Elliott is a fully integrated real estate brokerage and advisory firm historically focused on the hospitality industry, now expanding into all segments of commercial real estate.
- Bill has spoken or appeared on panels at the New York University Hotel Investors Conference, Americas Lodging Investment Summit (ALIS), and REIT Finance Conference. He has also been an Entrepreneurial Studies guest lecturer in the Emory University MBA program.
- Bill holds a BA degree from LaGrange College, Georgia where he has served as a member of the LaGrange College Board of Trustees for over 21 years (1998-2014, 2015–current) and Chairman of the Board of Trustees for seven years (2007– 2014). In May 2014, Mr. Hodges received an Honorary Doctorate of Humanities.
Mark Elliott, President of Hodges Ward Elliott (“HWE”), joined the firm in 1983 and serves as strategic leader of the firm’s various business lines. HWE has sold more hotels corporately, and Mark has sold more hotels than any other individual in the United States. In the last 27 years, he has personally sold and/or financed almost 1,500 hotels, approximately 297,000 rooms, with a dollar volume of approximately $52 billion.
Mark is a past co-chairman of Industry Real Estate Finance Advisory Council (“IREFAC”), and he is mentioned annually as the leading hotel broker by Real Estate Forum, Commercial Property News and other publications. He has written articles for Real Estate Finance Journal and authored a chapter in the Hotel Investment Handbook, as well as being quoted in the Wall Street Journal as a lodging industry expert.
Mark is a recipient of the prestigious “Jack A. Shaffer Financial Advisor of the Year” award, the “C. Everett Johnson” award, and has been a speaker at the Harvard Business School.
- Dan joined HWE in June of 2019 as President of the firm’s hotel group. He is charged with leading a team that executes institutional-grade hotel and resort property transactions globally. During his career, he has completed nearly $30 billion in investment sale, debt, and structured finance transactions.
- Previously, Dan served as senior managing director and head of the hospitality practice group for HFF, joining the firm in 2007 to build a dedicated hotel platform. Prior to HFF, he was a co-founder of Regent Street, an affiliate of The Plasencia Group (TPG), a boutique firm specializing in sale, financing, and advisory services for distinctive hotels and resorts throughout the Americas.
- Peek is a member of the Urban Land Institute and its Hotel Development Council, the AHLA Investment Roundtable, advisory board of the Cornell Real Estate and Finance Center, and the Cornell Hotel Society. Dan is a recipient of the industry’s prestigious “Jack A. Shaffer Financial Advisor of the Year” award.
- John Bourret is a Managing Director in the Hospitality Investment Advisory practice at Hodges Ward Elliott. He specializes in institutional-grade hotel and resort property transactions throughout North America, Latin America, and the Caribbean, including investment advisory, debt, and equity placements.
- Mr. Bourret joined the firm in July 2019. Prior to HWE, he spent more than 13 years at HFF, LP, and was instrumental in the establishment and growth of their hospitality practice in Texas and the Central Region. Since 2014, Mr. Bourret and his team have been the top hotel sales advisor in Texas by a wide margin, both in total volume and number of transactions (double the next closest firm).
- Mr. Bourret is a frequent speaker at industry events, including the NYU International Hospitality Industry Investment Conference and the Dallas Hotel Conference. He is also an active member of the North Texas Hotel Development Council of ULI. He earned a B.A. from Texas Tech University.
Max Comess is a Managing Director in the Hospitality Investment Advisory practice at Hodges Ward Elliott. He specializes in institutional-grade hotel and resort property transactions throughout North America, Latin America, and the Caribbean, including investment advisory, debt, and equity placements.
Mr. Comess joined the firm in July 2019. Prior to HWE, he spent more than 10 years at HFF as a founding member of HFF’s Hotel Group and was instrumental in the growth of their global hospitality transaction platform. During this time, Mr. Comess closed over 150 hotel property transactions in 35 states valued in excess of $4.0 billion, with a primary focus in the State of Florida. In addition to HFF, Mr. Comess has held leadership roles ranging across casino gaming development, modular hotel construction, investment management, hotel operations, and on behalf of a private family office.
Mr. Comess is an alumnus of the School of Hotel Administration at Cornell University and is a member of Cornell Hotel Society, among other professional trade organizations.
Pete Dannemiller is a Managing Director in the Hospitality Investment Advisory practice at Hodges Ward Elliott. Since joining HWE in 1996, Mr. Dannemiller has become one of the leading producers within the firm and the hotel investment sales and financing industry. Dannemiller has teamed with Partner Mark Elliott to close sales and financing transactions totaling over $50 billion in volume during his tenure with the firm, including over $5 billion in debt placement.
Mr. Dannemiller is a frequent speaker at industry events, including the Americas Lodging Investment Summit (ALIS), the Atlanta Hotel Investment Conference, the UNC Real Estate Conference, Hotel Asset Manger’s Association (HAMA) Conference, The Lodging Conference, the Midwest Lodging Investment Summit, Meet the Money, and NYU’s International Hospitality Industry Investment Conference and has been quoted in Hotel Business, Real Estate Forum and Lodging Hospitality magazines as a hospitality brokerage expert.
Mr. Dannemiller holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Business from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and an MBA from Emory University.
Clint Hodges is a Managing Director in the Hospitality Investment Advisory practice at Hodges Ward Elliott. In his current role, Clint leads HWE’s select service team. In the last five years, HWE has transacted nearly $4 billion in the select service space including record pricing in markets such as New Orleans, Dallas and Atlanta.
Clint is a frequent speaker at industry events, including the Americas Lodging Investment Summit (ALIS), The Lodging Conference in Phoenix, Arizona and the NYU International Hospitality Industry Investment Conference.
Clint is a graduate of Mercer University.
- Charles Human is a Managing Director of HVS Hodges Ward Elliott. He has worked throughout his career in the real estate industry, specializing over the last 20 years in the hotel sector with HVS. Charles Human launched the brokerage and investment advisory activities with HVS in Europe and has spearheaded HVS Hodges Ward Elliott since its inception in 2004. Having worked on projects throughout Europe, Asia and the Middle East, he has a unique knowledge of global hotel markets and transaction structures. Charles Human holds a B.Sc. in Land Management from Reading University.
- For further information, please visit www.hvshwe.com
- Tony Malk is a Managing Director in the Hospitality Investment Advisory practice at Hodges Ward Elliott. He specializes in institutional-grade hotel and resort property transactions throughout North America, with a focus on the West Coast, including investment advisory, debt, and equity placements.
- Mr. Malk joined the firm in June 2019. Prior to HWE, he spent three years in the Los Angeles office of HFF where he was instrumental in helping to lead and grow their West Coast Hotel practice. Prior to HFF, Mr. Malk spent 16 years in the Los Angeles office of Eastdil Secured with a primary focus on hotel transactions. Mr. Malk has executed over $30 billion of hotel and resort transactions throughout his career.
- Mr. Malk earned a B.A in Business Economics from the University of California at Los Angeles and an MBA in finance and entrepreneurship from the University of Chicago Booth School of Business.
- Jay Morrow leads HWE’s New York Hospitality Investment Advisory practice. He specializes in institutional-grade hotel and resort property transactions throughout North America, including investment advisory and capital placement with both domestic and international buyers.
- Mr. Morrow is a frequent speaker at industry events, including the NYU International Hospitality Industry Investment Conference and other publications and conferences. He joined the firm in 2008 after earning of a B.B.A. in Business Administration from Kennesaw State University in Atlanta, GA, where he was a four-year letterman and two-year captain of the Men’s Baseball team.