Lawrence Britvan is the Managing Director/Group Head of Capital Markets at Hodges Ward Elliott. Lawrence joined the company in 2016 to expand the company’s Capital Markets platform across all markets and asset classes. Prior to joining HWE, Lawrence was a Senior Managing Director at CCRE where he was a member of the senior management team that oversaw the development and operation of all parts of the business.
Prior to that, from 2005 to 2009, Lawrence was a senior member of the Real Estate Finance Group at Credit Suisse. In this capacity, Lawrence managed the origination, pricing, structuring, closing, syndication and securitization of large fixed and floating rate first mortgages and mezzanine loans throughout the U.S., Latin America and Asia. Lawrence was also critical to the group’s real estate equity investments and asset management business, including the underwriting, investment and development of hotel and casino projects throughout the United States.
From 1996 to 2004, Lawrence was an attorney solely advising on real estate financing matters. Lawrence graduated from the State University of New York at Albany and received his J.D. from Cardozo Law School.
- Paul Gillen is a Managing Director in Hodges Ward Elliott’s commercial investment sales & advisory practice. Paul leads the New York commercial team and has executed office, multifamily, retail and land sales and recapitalizations for clients.
- Mr. Gillen joined HWE in 2015 to help open the New York office and build its commercial team. Prior to joining Hodges Ward Elliott, Paul held officer positions at CBRE, Morgan Stanley, and UBS. At CBRE, Paul oversaw all office sale transactions in New York City and was a recipient of the Edward S. Gordon REBNY Ingenious Deal award in 2011. Before that, he was a Vice President in acquisitions at Morgan Stanley covering the MSREF and PRIME Property funds. He began his career at UBS Realty.
- Mr. Gillen holds an undergraduate degree from Georgetown University and a Masters in Business Administration from New York University. He is a board member, guest lecturer, and mentor for the Steers Center for Global Real Estate at Georgetown University.
- Daniel Parker is a Managing Director in the Commercial Investment Advisory practice at Hodges Ward Elliott. Mr. Parker specializes in institutional-quality multifamily, office, retail and development transactions throughout the New York City market. Mr. Parker has a particular expertise and background in New York City multifamily product, including properties with market rate units, rent stabilized units, LIHTC agreements, 421a tax abatements, Mitchell Lama (pre- and post-1974), 70/30 Affordable New York programs and other regulatory agreements.
- Mr. Parker has executed investment sales transactions in excess of $5 billion in the New York City market since 2011. Notable multifamily sales include 1 QPS in Long Island City ($284mm), 38-building Bronx 1000 portfolio ($140mm), 2001-2045 Story Avenue ($88mm), Chocolate Factory at 275 Park ($67mm), Rocket Lofts at 100 South 4th Street ($61mm), 424 Bedford Avenue ($44mm) and 1065-1075 Gerard Avenue ($36mm). Mr. Parker has represented clients that include the Related Companies, Rockpoint, Meadow Partners, Brickman, Carlyle, TH Real Estate, Westbrook Partners, East End Capital, and a number of private families.
- Mr. Parker joined the firm in July 2015. Prior to HWE, he was a Vice President at the Related Companies, where he oversaw asset management of a 2,700 unit rent stabilized workforce housing portfolio. Mr. Parker brings a unique approach to multifamily advisory work because of his past experience managing and executing multifamily investment business plans. Prior to Related, Mr. Parker worked on the Savills (then Studley) Capital Markets Investment Sales Group and started his career at Prana Investments as a multifamily asset manager in New York City.
- Mr. Parker is a frequent speaker at industry events, and is an active member of REBNY, CHIP and PREA. He earned a B.A. in Journalism from the University of Utah and an M.B.A. from New York University Stern School of Business. Mr. Parker is fluent in Spanish after serving for two years in Mexico City on behalf of his church. Mr. Parker enjoys golfing, hiking and boating with his family on Candlewood Lake in Connecticut.
- Anthony Ledesma joined Hodges Ward Elliott in 2019 and serves as a Managing Director on the New York commercial investment sales team. Over the course of his 13 years in the business, he has completed in excess of $35 billion of dispositions, acquisitions and recapitalizations, in addition to the creation of numerous leasehold positions. His career has spanned all property types, and he is known for his sophisticated financial acumen, specializing in value engineering across the capital stack.
- He most recently served as a Managing Director on the Investment Sales team at Jones Lang LaSalle, leading the sale, purchase and recapitalization of tristate real estate transactions. He was also the team’s primary director of institutional transactions. Prior to his tenure at JLL, he served as the Director of Investments at Wolf Realty, where he managed a family office that encompassed in excess of 80 properties through the country. His responsibilities included acquisition sourcing, dispositions and leasing. The multi-disciplinary, hands-on experience gained as a principal gives him a unique lens into how to maximize value on behalf of his clients, tailoring his marketing efforts to the sensibilities of sophisticated investors in the market.
- Anthony started his career at CBRE in the Institutional Investment Sales Group, and is a 2006 graduate of the University of Pennsylvania.
- John Bourret is a Managing Director in the Hospitality Investment Advisory practice at Hodges Ward Elliott. He specializes in institutional-grade hotel and resort property transactions throughout North America, Latin America, and the Caribbean, including investment advisory, debt, and equity placements.
- Mr. Bourret joined the firm in July 2019. Prior to HWE, he spent more than 13 years at HFF, LP, and was instrumental in the establishment and growth of their hospitality practice in Texas and the Central Region. Since 2014, Mr. Bourret and his team have been the top hotel sales advisor in Texas by a wide margin, both in total volume and number of transactions (double the next closest firm).
- Mr. Bourret is a frequent speaker at industry events, including the NYU International Hospitality Industry Investment Conference and the Dallas Hotel Conference. He is also an active member of the North Texas Hotel Development Council of ULI. He earned a B.A. from Texas Tech University.
- Michael Britvan is a Managing Director in Hodges Ward Elliott’s Capital Markets Group. Michael joined the firm in 2020 to help lead and expand the firm’s loan sale advisory initiative.
- Prior to joining HWE, Michael was a Managing Director at Mission Capital Advisors where he oversaw the valuation and trading of performing, sub-performing and non-performing commercial, consumer residential, business, and equipment loans in both the United States and Latin America. Over the course of his career, Michael has traded more than $15 billion of loans on behalf of financial institutions including banks, insurance companies, special servicers, funds and government clients.
- Michael earned dual degrees in Philosophy Politics & Law and History from Binghamton University.
Max Comess is a Managing Director in the Hospitality Investment Advisory practice at Hodges Ward Elliott. He specializes in institutional-grade hotel and resort property transactions throughout North America, Latin America, and the Caribbean, including investment advisory, debt, and equity placements.
Mr. Comess joined the firm in July 2019. Prior to HWE, he spent more than 10 years at HFF as a founding member of HFF’s Hotel Group and was instrumental in the growth of their global hospitality transaction platform. During this time, Mr. Comess closed over 150 hotel property transactions in 35 states valued in excess of $4.0 billion, with a primary focus in the State of Florida. In addition to HFF, Mr. Comess has held leadership roles ranging across casino gaming development, modular hotel construction, investment management, hotel operations, and on behalf of a private family office.
Mr. Comess is an alumnus of the School of Hotel Administration at Cornell University and is a member of Cornell Hotel Society, among other professional trade organizations.
Pete Dannemiller is a Managing Director in the Hospitality Investment Advisory practice at Hodges Ward Elliott. Since joining HWE in 1996, Mr. Dannemiller has become one of the leading producers within the firm and the hotel investment sales and financing industry. Dannemiller has teamed with Partner Mark Elliott to close sales and financing transactions totaling over $50 billion in volume during his tenure with the firm, including over $5 billion in debt placement.
Mr. Dannemiller is a frequent speaker at industry events, including the Americas Lodging Investment Summit (ALIS), the Atlanta Hotel Investment Conference, the UNC Real Estate Conference, Hotel Asset Manger’s Association (HAMA) Conference, The Lodging Conference, the Midwest Lodging Investment Summit, Meet the Money, and NYU’s International Hospitality Industry Investment Conference and has been quoted in Hotel Business, Real Estate Forum and Lodging Hospitality magazines as a hospitality brokerage expert.
Mr. Dannemiller holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Business from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and an MBA from Emory University.
- Pete Fehlman a Managing Director in the Capital Markets practice at Hodges Ward Elliott. He specializes in institutional-grade hotel and resort property transactions throughout North America, Latin America, and the Caribbean, including debt and equity placements.
- Mr. Fehlman joined the firm in August 2019. Prior to HWE, he spent three years at JLL Capital Markets as part of the HFF acquisition. Prior to this, Mr. Fehlman worked for 10 years at GE Capital where he played a key role in the re-launch of the hospitality lending platform.
- Mr. Fehlman earned a B.A. in Finance from the University of Iowa.
Clint Hodges is a Managing Director in the Hospitality Investment Advisory practice at Hodges Ward Elliott. In his current role, Clint leads HWE’s select service team. In the last five years, HWE has transacted nearly $4 billion in the select service space including record pricing in markets such as New Orleans, Dallas and Atlanta.
Clint is a frequent speaker at industry events, including the Americas Lodging Investment Summit (ALIS), The Lodging Conference in Phoenix, Arizona and the NYU International Hospitality Industry Investment Conference.
Clint is a graduate of Mercer University.