- Charles Human is a Managing Director of HVS Hodges Ward Elliott. He has worked throughout his career in the real estate industry, specializing over the last 20 years in the hotel sector with HVS. Charles Human launched the brokerage and investment advisory activities with HVS in Europe and has spearheaded HVS Hodges Ward Elliott since its inception in 2004. Having worked on projects throughout Europe, Asia and the Middle East, he has a unique knowledge of global hotel markets and transaction structures. Charles Human holds a B.Sc. in Land Management from Reading University.
- For further information, please visit www.hvshwe.com
Brett Katz is a Managing Director and Head of West Coast Capital Markets at Hodges Ward Elliott. Brett specializes in debt and equity placement across all real estate asset classes and products including construction, bridge, permanent, and structured finance.
Prior to joining HWE in 2018, Brett was a Senior Managing Director at Cantor Commercial Real Estate where he was co-head of securitization and capital markets and responsible for the operation and execution of all parts of the commercial real estate lending business. From 2002 to 2009, Brett was a member of the Real Estate Finance & Securitization Group at Credit Suisse. In this capacity, Brett led underwriting, structuring, securitization, distribution and execution of $10+ billion in large loan transactions, across all asset classes throughout the U.S., Caribbean and Latin America.
Brett began his career as an Analyst at Bear Stearns within the Investment Banking Department’s Leverage Finance Group. Brett is a graduate of Cornell University with a BS in Policy Analysis and Management.
- Tony Malk is a Managing Director in the Hospitality Investment Advisory practice at Hodges Ward Elliott. He specializes in institutional-grade hotel and resort property transactions throughout North America, with a focus on the West Coast, including investment advisory, debt, and equity placements.
- Mr. Malk joined the firm in June 2019. Prior to HWE, he spent three years in the Los Angeles office of HFF where he was instrumental in helping to lead and grow their West Coast Hotel practice. Prior to HFF, Mr. Malk spent 16 years in the Los Angeles office of Eastdil Secured with a primary focus on hotel transactions. Mr. Malk has executed over $30 billion of hotel and resort transactions throughout his career.
- Mr. Malk earned a B.A in Business Economics from the University of California at Los Angeles and an MBA in finance and entrepreneurship from the University of Chicago Booth School of Business.
- Jay Morrow leads HWE’s New York Hospitality Investment Advisory practice. He specializes in institutional-grade hotel and resort property transactions throughout North America, including investment advisory and capital placement with both domestic and international buyers.
- Mr. Morrow is a frequent speaker at industry events, including the NYU International Hospitality Industry Investment Conference and other publications and conferences. He joined the firm in 2008 after earning of a B.B.A. in Business Administration from Kennesaw State University in Atlanta, GA, where he was a four-year letterman and two-year captain of the Men’s Baseball team.
Todd Ratliff is a Managing Director in the Hospitality Investment Advisory practice at Hodges Ward Elliott. He specializes in institutional-grade hotel and resort property transactions throughout North America, Latin America, and the Caribbean, including investment advisory, debt, and equity placements.
Mr. Ratliff joined the firm in 2003. Representative transactions to date include the Mandarin Oriental Atlanta Buckhead, Chateau Elan Winery & Resort, The Hotel at Avalon (capitalization), The Kimpton Brice Savannah, Residence Inn Dana Point, Hilton Garden Inn Washington D.C. West End, Westin Atlanta Perimeter, and the Embassy Suites New Orleans Convention Center. Prior to HWE, he was a principal in an Atlanta-based commercial real estate information company.
Mr. Ratliff has spoken at numerous hospitality events and conferences, including the NYU International Hospitality Industry Investment Conference and The Lodging Conference in Phoenix, Arizona. He earned a B.A. in Economics from Clemson University with international studies in Salamanca, Spain. Mr. Ratliff currently serves on the boards of Wesleyan School and The James 1:27 Foundation and is an active volunteer at Buckhead Church.
- Rudy Reudelhuber is a Managing Director at Hodges Ward Elliott. He specializes in institutional-grade hotel and resort property transactions in Florida and throughout North America and Europe including investment advisory, debt, and equity placements. He was instrumental in the establishment of our London office in 2004 and overseas HWE’s international capital market activities.
- Mr. Reudelhuber joined the firm in November 1998. Prior to this, Mr. Reudelhuber worked for two years in Hong Kong at TCW and two years in New York at SG Warburg and Swiss Bank, now part of UBS.
- Mr. Reudelhuber has been a speaker at industry events, including the Americas Lodging Investment Summit (ALIS), The Lodging Conference, and Hotel Investment Conference Europe (Hot.E). He earned a B.A. in East Asian Studies from Princeton University and spent a year as a Fulbright Scholar. He serves his community on the board of the Ecclesial Schools Initiative and as an ordained deacon of the Orthodox Church in America.
- Cyrus Vazifdar is a Managing Director in the Hospitality Investment Advisory practice at Hodges Ward Elliott. He specializes in institutional-grade hotel and resort property transactions throughout North America, including investment advisory and equity placements.
- Mr. Vazifdar joined the firm in June 2019. Prior to HWE, he spent 9 years at HFF, and was instrumental in the establishment and growth of their offices in Miami and Washington, DC. Prior to this, Mr. Vazifdar worked for three years at Canyon Equity, an owner and developer of ultra-luxury resorts and branded residential.
- Mr. Vazifdar earned a B.S. in Business Administration from Villanova University, and a Master of Business Administration from George Washington University.