Mark Elliott, President of Hodges Ward Elliott (“HWE”), joined the firm in 1983 and serves as strategic leader of the firm’s various business lines. HWE has sold more hotels corporately, and Mark has sold more hotels than any other individual in the United States. In the last 27 years, he has personally sold and/or financed almost 1,500 hotels, approximately 297,000 rooms, with a dollar volume of approximately $52 billion.
Mark is a past co-chairman of Industry Real Estate Finance Advisory Council (“IREFAC”), and he is mentioned annually as the leading hotel broker by Real Estate Forum, Commercial Property News and other publications. He has written articles for Real Estate Finance Journal and authored a chapter in the Hotel Investment Handbook, as well as being quoted in the Wall Street Journal as a lodging industry expert.
Mark is a recipient of the prestigious “Jack A. Shaffer Financial Advisor of the Year” award, the “C. Everett Johnson” award, and has been a speaker at the Harvard Business School.
- Paul Gillen is a Managing Director in Hodges Ward Elliott’s commercial investment sales & advisory practice. Paul leads the New York commercial team and has executed office, multifamily, retail and land sales and recapitalizations for clients.
- Mr. Gillen joined HWE in 2015 to help open the New York office and build its commercial team. Prior to joining Hodges Ward Elliott, Paul held officer positions at CBRE, Morgan Stanley, and UBS. At CBRE, Paul oversaw all office sale transactions in New York City and was a recipient of the Edward S. Gordon REBNY Ingenious Deal award in 2011. Before that, he was a Vice President in acquisitions at Morgan Stanley covering the MSREF and PRIME Property funds. He began his career at UBS Realty.
- Mr. Gillen holds an undergraduate degree from Georgetown University and a Masters in Business Administration from New York University. He is a board member, guest lecturer, and mentor for the Steers Center for Global Real Estate at Georgetown University.
- Daniel Parker is a Managing Director in the Commercial Investment Advisory practice at Hodges Ward Elliott. Mr. Parker specializes in institutional-quality multifamily, office, retail and development transactions throughout the New York City market. Mr. Parker has a particular expertise and background in New York City multifamily product, including properties with market rate units, rent stabilized units, LIHTC agreements, 421a tax abatements, Mitchell Lama (pre- and post-1974), 70/30 Affordable New York programs and other regulatory agreements.
- Mr. Parker has executed investment sales transactions in excess of $5 billion in the New York City market since 2011. Notable multifamily sales include 1 QPS in Long Island City ($284mm), 38-building Bronx 1000 portfolio ($140mm), 2001-2045 Story Avenue ($88mm), Chocolate Factory at 275 Park ($67mm), Rocket Lofts at 100 South 4th Street ($61mm), 424 Bedford Avenue ($44mm) and 1065-1075 Gerard Avenue ($36mm). Mr. Parker has represented clients that include the Related Companies, Rockpoint, Meadow Partners, Brickman, Carlyle, TH Real Estate, Westbrook Partners, East End Capital, and a number of private families.
- Mr. Parker joined the firm in July 2015. Prior to HWE, he was a Vice President at the Related Companies, where he oversaw asset management of a 2,700 unit rent stabilized workforce housing portfolio. Mr. Parker brings a unique approach to multifamily advisory work because of his past experience managing and executing multifamily investment business plans. Prior to Related, Mr. Parker worked on the Savills (then Studley) Capital Markets Investment Sales Group and started his career at Prana Investments as a multifamily asset manager in New York City.
- Mr. Parker is a frequent speaker at industry events, and is an active member of REBNY, CHIP and PREA. He earned a B.A. in Journalism from the University of Utah and an M.B.A. from New York University Stern School of Business. Mr. Parker is fluent in Spanish after serving for two years in Mexico City on behalf of his church. Mr. Parker enjoys golfing, hiking and boating with his family on Candlewood Lake in Connecticut.
- Anthony Ledesma joined Hodges Ward Elliott in 2019 and serves as a Managing Director on the New York commercial investment sales team. Over the course of his 13 years in the business, he has completed in excess of $35 billion of dispositions, acquisitions and recapitalizations, in addition to the creation of numerous leasehold positions. His career has spanned all property types, and he is known for his sophisticated financial acumen, specializing in value engineering across the capital stack.
- He most recently served as a Managing Director on the Investment Sales team at Jones Lang LaSalle, leading the sale, purchase and recapitalization of tristate real estate transactions. He was also the team’s primary director of institutional transactions. Prior to his tenure at JLL, he served as the Director of Investments at Wolf Realty, where he managed a family office that encompassed in excess of 80 properties through the country. His responsibilities included acquisition sourcing, dispositions and leasing. The multi-disciplinary, hands-on experience gained as a principal gives him a unique lens into how to maximize value on behalf of his clients, tailoring his marketing efforts to the sensibilities of sophisticated investors in the market.
- Anthony started his career at CBRE in the Institutional Investment Sales Group, and is a 2006 graduate of the University of Pennsylvania.
- Kyle van Buitenen is a Senior Vice President in Hodges Ward Elliott’s Commercial Real Estate Investment Sales division. Her primarily responsibilities are financial analysis and underwriting, transaction management, the preparation of offering memoranda and pitch materials and facilitating closings.
- Ms. van Buitenen joined the firm in 2015, the year Hodges Ward Elliott’s NY office opened. Prior to HWE, Kyle was a Commercial Real Estate Banking Associate at J.P. Morgan.
- Kyle received a B.S. in Finance from Lehigh University in 2012.
- Frank Dalicandro joined Hodges Ward Elliott in 2020 and serves as a Vice President on the Commercial Real Estate Investment Advisory team based in New York City. His primary responsibilities include financial analysis and underwriting, the preparation of offering memoranda and pitch materials, formulating creative capital markets strategies and generating transactional opportunities.
- Prior to HWE, Frank worked on JLL’s New York City Investment Sales team supporting originators with the sale, purchase and recapitalization of tristate real estate transactions.
- Frank earned his MBA in Real Estate and Finance from the NYU Stern School of Business and his B.A. in Economics from Lafayette College.
Allie Boyan is an Associate in Hodges Ward Elliott’s Commercial Investment Sales Group. She is primarily responsible for financial analysis and underwriting as well as the preparation of offering memoranda and pitch materials.
Ms. Boyan joined the firm in 2018. Prior to HWE, Allie attended Georgetown University where she earned a B.S. in Business Administration with a concentration in Finance from the McDonough School of Business.
Michelle Rayzman is an Operations Officer at Hodges Ward Elliott. Ms. Rayzman joined the firm in August 2015 and focuses on transaction coordination for the commercial and hotel teams.
Prior to HWE, she worked at MacAndrews & Forbes, a holding company with a diversified portfolio of public and private companies, including Revlon, Scientific Games, RetailMeNot and Harland Clarke.
Ms. Rayzman graduated magna cum laude from St. John’s University, where she earned a B.S. in Communications. She also graduated from Hofstra University School of Law and was admitted to practice law in New York and New Jersey.
- Bill Bachrach is the Senior Data Scientist in Hodges Ward Elliott’s data team. He is responsible for finding, exploring and analyzing hard to reach data to give HWE’s clients the benefit of novel analytic insights more traditional CRE brokerages do not pursue.
- Mr. Bachrach joined Hodges Ward Elliott’s data team in October 2016. Prior to HWE, Bill was a data scientist at Messina Quantitative Research, a market research firm specializing in British politics. As the first member of the data science team he explored a wide range of methods and implemented.
- Bill graduated Florida State University prior to attending Liaoning Normal University studying Mandarin in Dalian, China. After returning Bill attended the Florida State University Political Science PhD program. His research focused on utilizing social media and machine learning to understand public opinion. He exited with an MS in quantitative political science to pursue private sector data science.
- Veronica Lee is a Data Scientist in the Research team at Hodges Ward Elliott. She specializes in developing market insights and investment strategies through financial analysis and full stack computational data analytics including data mining, descriptive analysis and visualization, statistical modeling, and machine learning.
- Ms. Lee joined the firm in 2019. Prior to HWE, she covered Market/Credit Portfolio Risk Management at Bank of America Merrill Lynch, and conducted Strategy research projects at Columbia Business School and HEC Paris.
- Ms. Lee earned a B.A. with majors in Economics and Chinese from the University of Virginia and an M.A. in Quantitative Methods with Data Science focus from Columbia University.