Brett Katz is a Managing Director and Head of West Coast Capital Markets at Hodges Ward Elliott. Brett specializes in debt and equity placement across all real estate asset classes and products including construction, bridge, permanent, and structured finance.
Prior to joining HWE in 2018, Brett was a Senior Managing Director at Cantor Commercial Real Estate where he was co-head of securitization and capital markets and responsible for the operation and execution of all parts of the commercial real estate lending business. From 2002 to 2009, Brett was a member of the Real Estate Finance & Securitization Group at Credit Suisse. In this capacity, Brett led underwriting, structuring, securitization, distribution and execution of $10+ billion in large loan transactions, across all asset classes throughout the U.S., Caribbean and Latin America.
Brett began his career as an Analyst at Bear Stearns within the Investment Banking Department’s Leverage Finance Group. Brett is a graduate of Cornell University with a BS in Policy Analysis and Management.
- Tony Malk is a Managing Director in the Hospitality Investment Advisory practice at Hodges Ward Elliott. He specializes in institutional-grade hotel and resort property transactions throughout North America, with a focus on the West Coast, including investment advisory, debt, and equity placements.
- Mr. Malk joined the firm in June 2019. Prior to HWE, he spent three years in the Los Angeles office of HFF where he was instrumental in helping to lead and grow their West Coast Hotel practice. Prior to HFF, Mr. Malk spent 16 years in the Los Angeles office of Eastdil Secured with a primary focus on hotel transactions. Mr. Malk has executed over $30 billion of hotel and resort transactions throughout his career.
- Mr. Malk earned a B.A in Business Economics from the University of California at Los Angeles and an MBA in finance and entrepreneurship from the University of Chicago Booth School of Business.
- Jordan Kirkbride is a Vice President in the Capital Markets practice at Hodges Ward Elliott. He specializes in debt and equity advisory services across all asset classes, territories and transaction types.
- Mr. Kirkbride joined the firm in May 2018. Prior to HWE, he was a Vice President with Colony Capital, Inc., where he acquired and/or financed over $3 billion of assets across a variety of property types for the company’s balance sheet and managed investment vehicles. Prior to this, he spent more than four years at Cantor Commercial Real Estate, where he originated, structured and securitized over $14 billion of conduit and large-loan CMBS.
- Mr. Kirkbride graduated from the Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan, where he received a Bachelor’s of Business Administration with a Concentration in Finance and a Minor in Economics.
Jack Basalari is an Analyst in Hodges Ward Elliott’s Capital Markets Group. Joining the firm in September 2019, Mr. Basalari is primarily responsible for financial analysis and the preparation of offering memoranda and pitch materials.
Prior to HWE, Jack was an associate for Green Street Advisors’ Real Estate Analytics division. During his one-year tenure there, he analyzed macro and demographical trends by market, assisted in launching Atlas (a new mapping and analytical tool) and built complex financial models using proprietary data to develop market investment recommendations.
Jack graduated from the University of Southern California (“USC”) with a B.S. in Real Estate Development and a minor in Business Finance. At USC, Jack was a kicker/punter for the Trojan football team, and he continues to be an active member of the Lambda Chi fraternity, the Marshall Real Estate Finance Association and the Trojan Real Estate Association.